Why Does Your Air Conditioner Need Maintenance?
Updated: Jul 21, 2020
Taking care of your air conditioner not only extends the life of your AC unit, but it can also help save costs on repairs and replacements. Just as your car requires regular maintenance to run smoothly and properly, your Air conditioner also requires regular care. There are some simple things you can do.
1. Changing the filter is your air conditioning unit can improve air quality in your home, and prolong efficiency
2. Cleaning the coils is required for the unit to function effectively and efficiently. Dirt can quickly build up to restrict airflow.
3. Removing clogs from condensate drains prevent overflows and water leaks.
When your air conditioner needs more than regular maintenance, hire an HVAC contractor that will find and fix problems in your homes air conditioning system. Your air conditioning repair service technician should perform the following:
· Check for correct amount of refrigerant
· Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
· Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system
· Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
· Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
· Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
· Oil motors and check belts for any looseness or wear
· Check the thermostat for accuracy
Neglecting necessary maintenance will cause a steady decline in air conditioning performance and energy use will vastly increase.
Don't scream, call Dream!
Dream Total Home Solutions